Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sex and the Single Crone

Crone Lilith

 

I am Crone

 

I have bones that can ache without provocation

I have a heart that can break with remembrances

And never exactly mend.

I have wishes that may never come true                                               

For As many impossibilities now exist as

Possibilities but…

 

My mind has grown into a strange thing

Not remembering how old it actually is

For that I would need a mirror

In dreams, however, I still court young men

 

Some who love me some who don’t

Parade through corridors of houses

The slim, the fit, the fat, the strong

They chase me, I chase them

The bald, the poets, the dancers or the smug

In a land of faces that seem familiar

Yet whom I have never known.

 

Sometimes in cars but mostly in bedrooms we roam

Make your bed and lie in it says mother

Ah, but Each house opens to a 1000 possibilities

How can I choose when I find rooms

I didn’t know existed

Scattered about a landscape strewn with flowers

As spider spins her silver web

Catching daytime impossibilities I occupy

Dream rooms and couple with dream lovers.

 

May you understand if one day I choose not

To awaken.

 

For At night,  surely, I grow the wings of Lilith

[Via http://cronesbones.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment