Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What?!

I believe I was in second grade(ish).  My parents had some insurance guy over to discuss something insurance related I’m sure.  My brother, two years younger than me, was playing legos like a good little boy.  I turned on Blossom.

The scene showed Blossom’s boyfriendish type (David Lascher, super cute, totally had to search for him…) sitting on the couch reading a magazine.  He moved his lips while he read.  Blossom watched him reading.  She then said, “I didn’t know you were a virgin.”

I promptly ran into the dining room to tell my parents the good news.  I was not a virgin!  Three faces turned to me with their mouths gaping open in horror and my mother screamed, “what are you watching?!”

“Blossom.”

She then ran into the family room and quickly changed the channel and I was no longer allowed to watch Blossom.  Evidently a virgin is not someone who reads while moving their lips.  It has something to do with sex apparently.  Hmmm.  How was I to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment